Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 4.5 Pot Value vs 3.8 Pot Remote

Problem: When I convert a 3.8 Program to 4.5, I have about 60 Pots (the example below is a basic example of the Pot) that should change to a value of 1 when pb1 is pushed and 2 when pb2 is pushed, otherwise it retains its current value. With 4.5 about ? of these 60 pots will change value as long as the Pb1 or Pb2 buttons is pushed. When the button is released the pot will go back to its previous setting.
Is it correct in 4.5 to have a pot look at itself? I get the same results if I use the native 4.5 Pot or the Pot38.cbx with the remote settings.

Ie.
V3.8
Pot1 Remote setting:
Nif(pb1,0,nif(pb2,1,Pot1))

V4.5 (using the Pot38.cbx)
Pot1 Remote setting:
Nif(pb1,0,nif(pb2,1,Pot1))

V4.5
Pot1 Remote setting: None
Valu
e= Nif(pb1,0,nif(pb2,1,Pot1))
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,478 Views)
There must be something else in the process that the Pot is getting the value from. Check the Connection Browser for everything connected to the Pot. Using your first example worked when I opened LKS in 4.5. Also, third worked in 4.5.
Message 2 of 5
(3,478 Views)
I wish there was more to add. I can agree with you that the above example works. I have several examples used throughout our program that work fine and several that do not work. We have 50 plants running this example in V3.8 fine, but when it is compiled under 4.5 B16 only ? of the pots work.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,478 Views)
There seams to be something associated when trying to reference the "read" values of a POT. In my previous example if the POT.VALUE = nif(pb1,1,nif,pb2,2,POT)things will not work but if I change it to POT.VALUE = nif(pb1,1,nif,pb2,2,POT.VALUE) then things are fine. It is my understanding that there is not a difference between POT and POT.VALUE when referencing the POT as a READ function. But again this only happens sometimes?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,478 Views)
There must be something else in the process that the Pot is getting the value from. Check the Connection Browser for everything connected to the Pot. Using your first example worked when I opened LKS in 4.5. Also, third worked in 4.5.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,478 Views)