From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to do motion control using Lookout

Is it possible to use activeX controls in Lookout for controlling nuDrive motor drive?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,599 Views)
Suki,

Lookout does not directly support methods of activeX controls. Therefore you will only be allowed to set the properties of the control. However, there is a product called the "Object Developer Toolkit" that allows you to customize your activeX controls so that your methods become properties. This way, when you set the property, it will call the method of your control.

-Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,599 Views)

Hi,

This doesn't directly answer your question.. but will hopefully give you some ideas to explore. It's more of me thinking aloud..

Are you familiar with NI's Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module for LabVIEW? This is an excellent solution for projects involving both, a high number of IO points in an industrial setting and for high-speed measurement and acquisition. You have the benefits of LabVIEW, like DAQ, Motion and Vision, and at the same time have the Supervisory Control features like alarms, historical logging, security, networking, etc., that you want from Lookout. You can get more info' on DSC from:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=10418〈=US

I strongly recommend you take a look into this as a solution if your project i
nvolves Motion along with high number of IO points.

However, if you HAVE TO use Lookout, another approach would be to use DSC in combination with Lookout. Let the DSC module address Motion issues, and it (DSC) being an OPC Server, can be in turn communicated with Lookout (as an OPC Client).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,599 Views)