From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LK45_web.exe

After exporting a web page to a web server, the pages run correctly IF the client system has Lookout installed. If Lookout is not installed, I need additional software. The pages contain a link to ftp the file LK45_web.exe from National Instruments.

First,the link is bad or expired.

Second, I found the file and downloaded it, but can't do anything with it. It is not a windows file. The accompanying text file implies an installer is reguired.

How do I get this to run?

Bob L
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,050 Views)

Hi Bob,

I was able to download the lk45_web.exe from the following FTP site:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/lookout/webclient/4.5/

Then, I just ran it which in turn launched the installer. May be the file got corrupted when you downloaded and want to try again.

Thought this info' would be useful...

Regards,

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,050 Views)
Khalid,

Yes, bad download. I actually had downloaded it 5 different times, on 3 different systems, through 3 different ISP's, under both NT4.0 and ME. All failed using IE5. (File was corrupted without error indication)

With WS_FTP it downloaded correctly the first time.

I suspect it's an IE5 issue that I need to investigate. I'll post my findings when I get a chance to research this.

Thanks,

Bob L.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,050 Views)