From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPASCII TCP

I´m working with the IPASCII object, sending data through the network to a java application on other computer. When using TCP as the protocol, Lookout opens a new TCP connection (when the SEND member is set), sends the required data and inmmediatly closes the connection. I´m looking to traverse the NAT's on both sides of the comunication and I think it may be easier if Lookout maintain the TCP connection opened. Not just for that but it would make it easier to have the TCP connection opened until the server (on the other PC) decides to close it.

Also I had a problem when trying to send various messages. Every other time (more than you would expect), when the SEND is fired Lookout does nothing. I was monitoring the traffic using Wireshark and nothing was delivered to the NIC some times, this reduces the efficency of the system to unaccepatble values. Considering that I need to send data one time per second to maintain the server updated with new, near real time, data, if Lookout is failling to send that many messages the hole system isn´t working as expected.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,424 Views)