Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to install Logos on an NT4 workstation. When I click on the "Logos.msi" file the "Open with" popup box appear. NT4 does not recognise the "Logoshe Logos software on a .msi" file.

I want to upgrade the Citadel database with the Logos software. I have download the Logos.zip file from NI, unzipped it and install it on a WIN2000 system with no problem. When I tried to install it on a NT4 workstation by clicking on the "Logos.msi" file the "Open with" popup box appear. Thus NT4 does not recognise the ".msi" file.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,531 Views)
Karolus,

most likely you did not install any newer software packages on this Windows NT machine. NT does not have the MSI installer engine preinstalled thus the first MSI based software would install this engine. E.g. if you install Lookout 4.5.1 or 5.0 before you try to upgrade Logos this should not be a problem anymore. Or if you install DSC that means LabVIEW 6.1 before this shouldn't be a problem either.

If you really want to install just Logos alone than you would need to install the MSI engine manually before by executing the InstMsiw.exe from your CD. You might get this MSI engine as well from Microsoft.

Hope this helps
Roland
Message 2 of 3
(3,531 Views)
Roland is correct. You need to install the MSI installer program in order to install any programs using the MSI installer. Our software usually comes with the MSI installer program; however, the logos install was designed to be installed with other software and not alone. To install it, you need download the MSI installer from Microsoft's website at:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/instmsi.htm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,531 Views)