Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypertrend on Lookout Web Client V6.6

Hi there,

I've reviewed several previous posts regarding people having issues with displaying hypertrend data via the web client.  I understood that this issue had been corrected in the later version of 6.X, however when running a trace via a web client I receive the following error:

Failed to Open trace "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\WSESServer\HANNG\PLC_HANNG.ANLG_Level_Dosing".  The trace may not exist, or it's not logging to a Citadel 5 database"

Any ideas here?  Please note this works fine on the machine with the server process.

-andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,253 Views)

Just to verify, "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is your actual machine IP address correct? ( I am assuming it is a real number, most likely a public IP for obscurity)

That being said, can you view the trend if the process is on the local network, say a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x range?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,251 Views)

Any resolution on this?

I am having the same problem, "the trace may not exist, or it's not logging to a Citadel database"

The trace it's referring to, is located on another subnet.

We have multiple servers running lookout 6.6, one local to me (also two machines running clients) and another server located some miles away, there is data exchanged between the two. I verified connectivity with a continuous ping while Lookout was loading.

I don't see this same error on the other machine right next to it. The difference is, the one giving the error is running the free client and the one not giving the error is the development version of lookout.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,459 Views)

For what it’s worth …

I found that if I delete the .l4t state file, when I reload lookout I don’t get the errors.

The next time I open it they are back.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,455 Views)

Ryan,

This is an ongoing problem, the trends lock up and the only way to get them back is to reboot the server. Can you give me instructions to get a dump of the Lookout server when it happends and send it to you? This would be a great help, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,267 Views)