Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypertrend ActiveGroup Bug

I'm using ActiveGroup controls to display appropriate horizontal grid styles when scales are changed.  My issue is that any time the active group is changed, the trend StartTime goes live.  So if I'm trying to look up an event and synchronize many trends to the same point in time and then I have to adjust a scale on one of the trends, the trend I'm adjusting scale on goes back to live and is no longer stopped at the desired time for comparison with other trends.

Can you please disconnect the trend time reset when active group is changed  ( keep existing trend start time when active group is changed).

Also, when are you going to expose the Hypertrend StartTime or EndTime as readable parameter?  Really need this basic functionallity to make synchronizing historical data in different trends much easier.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,262 Views)

This is a good suggestion. But if we changed the behaviour, some other users maybe don't like it.

Let me check the source code, maybe I can build a customized hyper.cbx for you which doesn't change the time when active group is changed.

From the help, the "start time" is already read/write. But it only returns the last value you write it. So if you just scroll the hypertrend, the starttime doesn't give you the current time unless you write a value to it. I will think of it as a product suggestion first.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,244 Views)

Hi Ryan,

I think as long as all groups go live when Lookout starts up, everyone should be Ok with them not changing live state when switching between groups.  The trick is to make sure that when groups are switched, the new group maintains the status of the old group whether it be live or not. 

The question is can you disconnect the "go live" upon group switching without disrupting the above functions.    I would expect that when I tell one group to go live, that all groups behind the scene (the entire Hypertrend object) would also go live and that when I tell one group to stop, they would all stop.

If you can make a special cbx that simply disconnects the "go live" upon group switching, I'll test it and will likely be very pleased.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,235 Views)

Hi,

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have the same problem. I need to keep the hypertrend stopped while changing the active group.

Thanks,

Edward

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,832 Views)

No, I never received any further follow-up or .cbx to test.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,830 Views)