From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Lookout to exit cleanly from memory?

I've got Lookout 4.0.1 build 51 running on 10 Winows NT 4.0 SP6 pc's. If I leave them up for a day and then exit Lookout on all the PCs, lookout.exe still stays in memory, consuming between 15 and 40 MB. I'm using Lookout exclusively to display data from an Informix database on a seperate server. Using SQLexec via ODBC to get into the DB. So why won't it exit cleanly?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,100 Views)
You may try installing the new Logos. You can get it from ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/lookout/logos/. Logos is used for "inter-process communications." I am not sure if it is involved with connecting Lookout to another vendors database via ODBC, but this does seem to qualify as "inter-process comunications."
The version at the ftp location mentioned above is 4.3.0.27.

Does anyone know where there is more detailed information about Logos' function as it applies to databases other than Citadel?

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
Message 2 of 4
(3,100 Views)

As far as I know, Logos is not involved in accessing any database (other than Citadel). It's mainly the ODBC drivers which do the querying of other databases.

Rgds,

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,100 Views)
But might the older Logos version cause Lookout not to unload itself cleanly from memory? Has anyone else logged this kind of problem? Currently, after exiting Lookout, I have to run the NT Task Manager and manually kill the lookout.exe process which is out there still holding on to 14 to 65 MB of memory. If not, then the next time I execute Lookout, a new lookout.exe is added to the mix, with old one still there, too.

Thanks,
Alan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,100 Views)