Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I determine rate of fall alarms from rate of rise alarms

I notice that in the alarm window rate of fall and rate of rise alarms can be distinguished from each other yet I cannot appear to gain access to this data from within the program. Is there a way to get to this information.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,905 Views)
Please be more specific.

If you wish to get to the alarm information, the $Alarm subsystem has many parameters you can get data from about the active alarm.

If you wish to gain numerical data about the rate of change you will probably want to use the derivative object.

If you want even more functionality you can use the sample object and perform rate of change calculations on the different values sampled. This requires a few more expressions and pulse objects but it works nicely.

Be more specific and I will try to help more.

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
Message 2 of 4
(2,905 Views)
Tommy

Thankyou for your swift response it was appreciated.
Specifcs are:
I am using the Alarm object to detect rate of change.
I am only interested in rate of fall, not rate of rise.
When the alarm activates, in the alarm window the direction of the rate of change is indicated as follows ROC(-) or ROC(+).
Is there any way I can obtain this direction information from the alarm object itself rather than using the other methods described.

regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,905 Views)
Attached you will find a simple process to do what you desire. I used Lookout Version 5.0 Build 7.

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,905 Views)