Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours:Minutes:Seconds Control

I'd like to make a delayed start feature with a control containing hours, minutes, and seconds. I think splitting it up into three separte controls is the way to go, but I can't find a way to automatically place a zero before a single digit value.

Example of what I'd like the user to see for a 4 hr and 20 minute delay: 04:20:00

But, right now, it looks like this: 4 :20: 0

(the colons are fixed between three controls)

Thanks,

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,434 Views)

Hi Tom,

It's not clear to me as to what objects you are using for your "Control." If you're using individual Pot objects to represent hours, mins, and secs, and you want to display them as double digits, right-click on the display and Select 'Numeric Format..' Scroll down the list and select '00' This will show the Pot's value in two digits like 04, etc.

Also, if you wish, you can us a single pot to represent hours, mins, and secs. Share with us more details of your task so we can understand it better.

Thanks and regards,

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,434 Views)
Khalid,

Thanks for your help and here is some further info. regarding the time-control. I'm using three simple numeric controls for hr, min, sec. In the diagram, I'll convert them to total seconds, which will be used in a delay feature.

It sounds like your suggested use of a pot object is the way to go, but I'm not sure how to create one.

I can't find pot objects in Labview's Help Index either. Is there a simple way to create one?

Thanks,

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,434 Views)

Hi Tom,

I apologize.. I thought you were using Lookout (your post showed up under Lookout).

In LabVIEW, I suggest you use a String control and then in the diagram, use the 'Decimal String to Number' function (from the String>>String/Number conversion pallette) to get the number and hence construct your delay.

Note however that with the string control you won't be able to provide the increment and decrement scroll buttons, and also the user may type in characters. For a more robust solution, you may want to repost your query under 'LabVIEW General' category.

Sorry again about the confusion.

Have a good weekend.

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,434 Views)