Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application lookout.exe, version 5.0.0.7, faulting mode lkworks.dll, version 5.0.0.7, fault address 0x001168e1

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and the National Instruments products overall.  I'm really a network administrator, but I've been approached by our maintenance department to help troublehsoot the subject mentioned issue.  This issue started last Thursday.  I'm also pretty sure that there was nothing done to the PC to cause this to happen.  I've listed my troubleshooting steps below.

Troubleshooting:

1. I didn't know if this issue was related to his NIC, so I made sure that everything was updated and working correctly.  He only had a 10mb connection to the PLC, so I made sure that it is now at 100mb.

2. I attempted a repair, but it failed as it was looking for the media.

3. I found the media and attempted another repair that on the surface appeared to have worked, but when the program was launched the same error occurred.

4. I completely uninstalled (with the help of the Microsoft Fix It utility) all NI products except for NI Measurement & Automation Explorer.

5. I reinstalled the program, but noticed a lot of files were missing.  Luckily I had backed up the NI folder before the uninstall was completed.

6. I placed all missing files back into their respective areas.

7. I examined the lookout.ini file to ensure that it was correct.

8. I relaunched the program and began to receive errors pointing at the .lks file.  I ran the CBL utility and found the errors.  I fixed what I thought was incorrect and re ran the CBL utility.  It came back clean.

9. I relaunched the program and it appears that I'm back at square one.

Machine Specs:

Lenovo ThinkCentre

Pentium Dual-Core CPU

E5500 @ 2.80GHz

3 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows XP w/ SP3

FYI:  I've also contacted Lookout support in Shanghai China.  The only help the have provided is regarding the CBL utility.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,913 Views)