Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development time exceeded error

I am trying to modify an existing application, running standalone. It is a development and integrator version. After a while (many hours), we get this error screen that say "Development time exceeded". It not critical since we only have to log on again, but it is anoying. I have installed lookout and a copy of this process on my laptop. Then I've let it run overnight, and I didn't get this error. What is it related to and how can I get rid of it ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,198 Views)
Lookout Integrator System has a 3 hour running time for development. After that time you must shut down your process and restart. This alows an integrator to get into a system with unlimited I/O and a client license at a reduced price. The limitation is the 3 hour running time.
Message 2 of 3
(3,198 Views)
You get this message on a Lookout installation if it is registered as a integrator version. This means it will show the message and shutdown after 3 or 4 hours of running. The Lookout installation on your laptop must not be an integrator version.

Your best bet is to go to the Lookout.ini file in Lookout's root directory. In the ini file there will be an entry like this:

[Registration]
key=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Organization=Company Name
SerialNumber=XXXXXXXXX
Name=Employee Name

Compare the two installation's (Laptop to Desktop) ini files and note the differences. I would then contact NI for assistance so you can gain a full understanding of your company's licensing agreements with NI.

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
Message 3 of 3
(3,198 Views)