Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Intellution Fix32 to Lookout

I am converting a system from Fix32 to Lookout. I was wondering if anyone had done a similar conversion and has any suggestions. I assume converting the database would be the first step. What is the best way to import database information into Lookout? The system has two ModbusMOSCAD devices and several Siemens 545 PLC's connected. Once the database is imported, what steps will follow? Any hints would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,205 Views)

Hi,

Here's what you can try: first, create the Objects in Lookout for your PLCs -- one for each. Configure a few datamember connections and some aliases, etc. Select 'Edit Database' from the Object menu. Then, from the Database configuration dialog for these objects, export the database as an Excel file using the 'Export..' button.

Study this Excel file so as to see how the datamembers (native registers) and aliases are associated, and also make a note of how the other settings are set, etc.

Once you get a good idea of how things are configured in Lookout's Objects' database, you must convert your Fix32's database to this format and paste it into the Excel file. Each Object will have its own entries only. Notice the first column has the 'comma
nd' -- 'insert' will insert that row into the database.

Finally, from the Database configuration for the respective objects, import the database using the 'Import..' button. You'll now have all the datamembers configured and ready.

To make connections, you can either use the Connection Editor or, if you're feeling ambitious, edit the LKS file in any text editor and compile it.

See Online help for more details on Database editing, compiling LKS file, etc.

Hope this helps..

Rgds,

Khalid 🙂

Message 2 of 3
(3,205 Views)
you will need to run the databse report function in the PDB FIX program, let it create the text report, open the report in Microsoft Word or Excel , print a hardcopy , and then reenter in LOOKOUT manually.

the PLC address can be entered via the Excel Import function of the Lookout driver for the PLC you are using.

Everything else has to be done long hand.

regards,sean
( i have done about 3 of these)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,205 Views)