Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Lookout to DirectLogic PLC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I would like to know how I can connect NI Lookout HMI to DirectLogic 205 series PLC (DL260). We have an existing system built where we use LookoutDirect driver to connect the HMI with the PLC, but the product is now obsolete (It doesn't work with Windows 7). I’ve found that there are a couple of ways to replace the driver, for example using an OPC server or Modbus TCP, but they would require a big changes in our system or LKS file. I’ve wondered whether there is an easier way to upgrade the LKS file.

Thank you very much for any information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt3

Only real options are Directnet driver, modbus driver or OPC (with same drivers).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
Message 2 of 5
(6,349 Views)

Thank you Mike,

We've decided to use modbus TCP driver, so now I've been trying to convert data members from LookoutDirect to modbus and came across a double BCD data member in LookoutDirect but couldn't find one in the modbus. Does the modbus don't have a double BCD data member?

Additionally, when I was converting data members with just double values from LookoutDirect to modbus, I realized that numbers in two adjacent registers that contained the double value were flipped. Is it possible that numbers in the registers could get flipped or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,336 Views)

Not that I have found, but you can do a little math/expression work to do so.

For example:

V1200 = 100 (BCD)  (MB: BCD400641)

V1201 = 2 (BCD) (MB: BCD400642)

Double V1200 = 20100 (BCD)

V1201 is X 10000 (BCD)

BCD, aint it great? 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,318 Views)

True, true, thank you very much.