From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel SQL queries run very slowly when performed in Lookout...

I am running Lookout 4.5.1 Build 18 on a Compaq Proliant Dual PIII at 500 MHz with nearly unlimited drive space (WinNT 4.0 SP6). I am performing a small SQL query of the active Citadel database with a datatable and a pushbutton. Ther Server process file freezes and so does the client. After a few minutes I get the succesful result of the query and every thing returns to normal. Why so slow??? The speed is no different whether I perform the query across the network or on the server itself. Does any body have any ideas on how to improve this?

Best Regards,
Tommy S.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,429 Views)
I fixed it! Queries run very, very fast now:

Refer to these two knowledge base articles:

I implemented both of them:
Why Am I Getting the Alarm "The logging buffer is full"?" Article # 1O7F6PQA

and

"Can I fix Corrupted Database in Lookout" Article # 20RFHFJ6

I verified that my ODBC driver was not up to date by going to Control Panel then Data Source (ODBC) then clicked on the drivers tab then scrolled down to the Citadel 4 driver. My driver version number 4.02.00.19. The Logos install file upgraded it to 4.02.00.20.

I also installed the Logos.ini file in the C:\winnt\ directory and set the following:
[Citadel]
MaxQueueSize=7000
LogPeriod=3000

I hope this helps other people out there!

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,429 Views)