Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel Database does not return all actual values

I am using Lookout 4.5 and Citadel with ODBC-Driver 4.02.00.10 to readout data of a PLC for statistics in Access97. The problem is, that some of the values do not apperar in the query (the fields are empty) while some are OK. The points where i have the problem are in a range from 0 to 9999 in steps of 1, so i have put the deviation to 0.1 (i tried 0 also) the strange thing is, that some of the points are OK even if they do not change and some have a delay of several hours (if they change, the empty fields where then OK). Is there a possibility to force the values into the Database? I tried also to backup the database evry hour and to readout the database-backup instead the running one.

Thanks a lot
J.Sc
hnyder
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,680 Views)
There are tutorials that cover pulling data out of Citadel using Access in the Developer Zone >> Resource Library. If you are using the Points Table, it will only return the actual values that are logged. This could cause this problem if you specify an interval and the time stamps do not allign. If you use the Traces Table, values should be extrapolated for every interval time stamp.

There is a new version of Logos software that talks to Citadel. This can be downloaded from: ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/lookout/logos/
Shut down all services. Run the program and do the unistall first, then install.

There is Lookout 4.5.1 on CD that SSP customers will receive. This has an object to log data manually into Citadel.

Later,
Zork
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,680 Views)