From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel Backup not working on Server 2008

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Lookout 6.7

I have just upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

The process went very well. I was able to take the project files and into the new machine easliy. I was able to archive the data from the old computer to the new one easily.

I use the CitadelControl object to backup data.  It works very well on old computer. The new does not work at all.  The progress bar works but no data is saved or archived to the backup file.

I have verified the path on the new machine and it is correct.

I have attached the database correctly.  I test this by creating new path on old machine and verifying my steps.

Anyone with Ideas?

The one thing I wonder about is that Measurement and Automation is installed on C: and Lookout 6.7 is installed on E:

I would not think it matters but....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WaterWorks

I unistalled the software that IT department had installed and reinstalled to default locations.

Both Lookout and Measurement and Control are now in same drive.  Restarted server a couple of times and unit still would not archive.  Went back next day unit is now archiving and working. Verified one week later that all is working.

Maybe gremlins.   Anyways fixed for now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,510 Views)