Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access any options on toolbar at all!!! PLEASE HELP!

Ok maybe someone out there will read this and be able to help soon.  I have this computer running 6.7.1 of Lookout on Windows 7 and for some reason it has suddenly locked me out of every option on the toolbar.  I can't access edit mode, open a new file, save, or even close the program.  In order to do that I have to open task manager and shut it down that way.  I am able to change set points and all my buttons work and I can access other windows from the toolbar.  But all important options I can't access.  Everything was working just fine and then the next day lockout.  Anybody out there have any ideas why??  Have uninstalled and reinstalled.  If you need more info or screens let me know and I will get them.  PLEASE HELP!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,872 Views)

You might be logged out.  Try logging in (cntr-L) as administrator & blank password (the default).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,860 Views)

Rkdomer,

First off thanks for replying to my post.  Second,  I tried to log in as administrator leaving password blank and no luck.  I didn't do the setup on this project, so I don't know what the administrator password could be and they have no way to get a hold of the person who did the setup.  I can login with the account made for them which has the same settings as the administrator and normally has access to edit mode.  I have attached a couple of screens to show you what it looks like when I am logged in with their account.  I had to remove the name of the city and any other marks they asked me to remove but nothing that has to do with my problem.  I have also put a square around a graphic that started showing it was broke at the same time the toolbar lockout happened.  Also if this helps when I move the mouse up to the X to close the program nothing happens.  It doesn't highlight or say close or anything.  Any ideas from you or anyone will be helpful!!  Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,845 Views)

You said you had admin access previously, but now you dont?

In all my years I have never had that happen in any version since 4 up to 6.7.1 without it being changed through the User Manager.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,838 Views)

As far as I know there are two accounts setup.  An administrator.  Which I don't know the password to.  And the one that is in use that they use every day.  The way I understand it both accounts have access to edit mode and I believe have the same security settings.  All they really want is to be able to access edit mode and see what is wrong with the broken graphic.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,827 Views)

Copy the Lookout.sec file to amother machine running Lookout that you have admin rights to, make the changes to 'user manager' and copy it back.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,789 Views)

Thanks wetback.  Will hopefully be able to try that tomorrow.  Will let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,777 Views)