Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Lookout access DSC Tags?

I would like to read data written in analog tags by DCS using a VI based server. Can access this data using lookout. I have LabVIEW 6.02, Lookout 4.5 and DSC 6.02.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,597 Views)
Using the OPCClient Object in Lookout, connected to the National Insturments.OPCLabVIEW Server, will give you the capability of accessing the tags used by the Tag Engine
When you create the OPC Client, this will launch the engine and it will let you browse through the tags for you to select the one that you need to access.
Message 2 of 5
(6,597 Views)
There is one more way to do that. NI has its own propriatary network protocol - Logos. Logos has much better performance than OPC. To connect - start the DSC engine, go to Lookout and browse to your computer under Network in the object browser. Expand it - you should see "LabVIEW" and its tags. Just drap and drop them on the panel or connect. You might want to check the symbolic links in Lookout - very elegant option how to connect to a logos server.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,597 Views)
May be it is me, but I couldn't find 'Network Object Browser'. I tried the 'Connection Browser' and found LabVIEW. But no tags. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,597 Views)
Thanks. That worked.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,597 Views)