Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware: Events not being logged when in an Aggregate

Lookout 4.5.1 Build 18 with Logos 4.3. I have found that if you create a process file that contains objects which have events logged to the historical database all works as it should. If, however, you call that process as an aggregate into another process the events will no longer be logged to the historical database. As a consequence, this makes the Event object useless if it is to be used in an aggregate.

I was told by NI this is "expected behavior." Has any one read anything about this in Lookout literature? I cannot find anything about this. They should have at least included this in the release notes!

If you plan to use aggregate objects this greatly limits their usefulness if you think it is important to log
certain events within the aggregate!

Currently NI is working on a fix for this- at least that is what I have been told!

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,261 Views)
This issue has been addressed in a patch that is now available for lookout 4.5.1 build 18 only. If anyone needs this functionality they will need to generate a support request and speak to an Applications Engineer to obtain the necessary .dlls. The best place to initiate a service request is www.ni.com/ask
Message 2 of 4
(3,261 Views)
JWS,

Thank-you. This issue has raised some concerns in my organization about Lookout. Can you tell me how long this patch has been available?

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,261 Views)
The patch works great. All is well. Thank-you JWS.

I attached a zip file with the two dll files and a readme.txt that explains how to manually implement the patch. Hopefully the Lookout Developer Exchange adminstrator will not delete these attached files. They may, since this is "official" NI software.

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,261 Views)