Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarms not working in Lookout 6.7 project.

I recently configured a new Lookout 6.7 project for a customer.  Although Alarms are configured, they are not appearing in the Alarm Viewer Window.  I have checked the database path, have checked that everything is set correctly in the alarms menu as per knowledge base document  24RGD96W.

The project runs on my developement laptop with alarms working.  I tested another project on the customer's system and it works fine.  I have recompiled the LKS file and still have no alarms.  I appreciate any suggestions that anybody may have on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,296 Views)

Could you check whether the alarms are set silence?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,250 Views)

The Alarms do not appear to be silenced.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,232 Views)

Could you offer more information about your code and the alarm? So that I could try to repeat your case in my environment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,206 Views)

The original projects were 10 processes that communicated via dialup modems and were started individually.  These processes have since been put onto a WAN and each remote location communicates via Modbus tcp.  As the projects were slowly brought online, the communications for each individual remote PLC was setup with a n IP address and everything worked fine.

With all the PLCs now online, it was decided that the best way to run the project was to bring them all into one main process.  After doing so, everything appeared to work correctly on my developement computer.  Upon running the new process on the end-user's computer, I had noticed that no alarms are generating in the alarm window.  These alarms are required for auto-emailing.  Events are also not logging to the Alarm window.  There are no other processes running.  There arte no alarm filters set.  The process file seems to point to the right database and directory.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,130 Views)

Just to update this.  I did manage to get the alarms and events working.  The computer in question has 2 network cards.  One network for communication with the system and one for the office network.  When the project is started up with the office network connected the Alarms and events won't log.  When the project is started up before the connection of the office network, the alarms and events work.  The issue is still there, but we are able to bandage it for now.   It seems that the problem is only present on a larger multi-node project.   

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,803 Views)