From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AB MicroLogix 1100

I am in the process of replacing the RTU hardware at a Water Treatment Facility. I plan on using the AB MicroLogix 1100 as the core RTU. These would be connected via wireless ethernet radio units.

I received my first ML 1100, programmed a quick test program, and attempted to connect it to the Lookout program. I am using version 4.0.1. The Water Treatment Facility project is using version 5.0. I could not get proper communication. I have tried every configuration, but I have not had any success.

I found this form and have reviewed previous messages and answers to the ML 1100 connect issue. These were in 2006.

My question, does the new 6.1 version address the ethernet TCP/IP connectivity with the ML 1100?

I would appreciate correct information on this before I upgrade to the version 6.1 and then find out that it did not solve this ML 1100 ethernet TCP/IP driver problem.

Thank you for your view,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,796 Views)
We are working on the driver issue. We are going to support more PLCs and provide better performance. But currently Lookout 6.1 doesn't support MicroLogix 1100 via Ethernet. At least, the AB objects don't work.
You can use a 3rd party OPC Server, such as Kepware or the one from AB.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,779 Views)

Thank you Ryan,

I appreciate your very quick response. I also appreciate that National Instruments is always working to improve their products.

mgp64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,774 Views)

Does the same applies when you want to use AB drivers for web server applications? I'm asking because I'm constantly getting error „this object will not run in client version of lookout: AB1“ when I try to export webserver files.

Is there solution to avoid this error?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,704 Views)
You cannot export the driver objects, including AB driver, to the web client.
The driver object can only run in server process. All communication with devices are done by server process. The web client talks to server. That's why you got this error.
Take a look at Lookout Developer's Manual. Chapter 12.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,701 Views)

Has this issue been resolved in Lookout 6.7?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,498 Views)