Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.7.1 Client crashes server when process started

I have a client with AutomationDirect PLC's and recently upgraded to a new Windows 7 PLC. I was able to install the server, DLPlus software, and DSCOMM drivers and I was getting data from the PLCs (although it is my understanding this wasn't supposed to work because DSCOMM doesn't support 7, but I'll leave well enough alone because it was working). I installed 6.7.1 client on a seperate new Windows 7 machine, and everything installed correctly. When trying to open my client process, Lookout 6.7.1 Server crashes immediately, on the server computer.

Is this all due to DSCOMM issues? I have tried to re-create the environment at my office, but I can't get DSCOMM drivers to work on my Win7 machines. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,826 Views)

The client cannot load the DSCOMM driver, so that is probably not the issue.

But, seeing is how the driver is not Win 7 recommended, it may be the first clue.

Is it possible to use Modbus instead?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,794 Views)

I understand it's not recommended, but we have the process running in several other applications with no trouble. Although, different computers and updates do very different things. I'm working with Ryan now to see if he has any ideas. If he's able to resolve, I'll be sure to update the thread. Thanks Mike!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,779 Views)