From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32bit and 64bit Windows and Lookout

I have two versions of Lookout - 6.0 and 6.6. I am trying to install them on Windows 7/64bit version and find that when I install them, they do not start up at all. I click on the icon and nothing happens. Is this because these versions of Lookout can run only on 32bit version of Windows 7? Or is this another problem entirely?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,891 Views)

We have Lookout 6.6 running on Windows 7 x64 computers, 6.5 worked as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,715 Views)

Installed 6.2, 6.5, 6.6 on WIndows 7 x64 without major issue.

Have noticed one thing:  The system starts faster than all the services (Time Services and/or PSP Locator) that Lookout requires and will fail to start on quicker machines (SSD, 8GB RAM...).

We use a program from r2 Studios called Startup Delayer to introduce a delay.  Another method would to be to set dependancies for the service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,705 Views)

Kurt

I am having a similar issue regarding windows7.  I have Lookout 6.02 and after installation the program will not start up and my application files will not install.  Have you found an answer on how to correct this issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,504 Views)

6.0 will not run in Windows 7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,402 Views)

Hi, I am having problems running Lookout V6.7 on a Windows 64bit machine.

The problem is actually once installed, my laptop will no longer boot up properly.  I have a Panasonic Toughbook, CF-53 with a 512 SSD, 16GB RAM.  The laptop will boot up and then sits at the "Please Wait" bit before you get to CTL - ALT - Delete to login.

I think there is an NI service that is not starting up properly.  Once Lookout and all NI software was uninstalled, it seemed to start ok.

Funny thing is, once booted up (using Windows Safe Mode without Networking), I could generally restart the laptop and it would be ok, but if it was shutdown and then booted up later it wouldn't reboot.

Any one have any ideas on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,000 Views)