From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 'nidaqmxconfig' to rename devices

I'm sure this is obvious to many, but wasn't to me, so I thought to add a bread crumb to the trail.

I built a machine with a PCI-6221, removed that card and installed a PCI-6224.  The device name assigned to the card was 'dev2' as 'dev1' had been previously assigned.  Wishing to maintain a common configuration across several machines, I needed to rename the PCI-6224 to 'dev1'.

nidaqmxconfig --export  NIconf.txt

vi NIconf.txt  // change 'dev2' to 'dev1'
nidaqmxconfig --import  NIconf.txt --eraseconfig

I then ran the test panel and confirmed 'dev2' was no 'dev1'.  Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,377 Views)

Thanks for the idea, but I am trying to stay away from nidaqmxconfig files since they contain serial number for the boards.  Some of my pxi chassis's will contain the same types of cards in the same slot locations, but each card will have a distinct serial number.  This will lead me to create a nidaqmxconfig file specifically to be used for each test set and I have a lot of test sets.  This also leads me to need a super user to import the config file.  I was looking for a more generic/programmatic way to get from slot number and card type to device name.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,573 Views)

Apologies on necrobumping this 6 years later, but did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,570 Views)