Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronization of LABVIEW program with my micro controller

Hi

I am using a Parallax basic stamp controller to control the stimulator for my project. EMG is acquired during stimulation of the muscle and a National Instruments DAQ 700 with the DAQ used for acquiring 4 channels of data in differential mode and the LABVIEW for acquiring and reading the data. Can anyone suggest a method to synchronise the labview program and the microcontroller so that the controller is ON only when the LAB view is running

Thanks in advance

Achanta
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,957 Views)
this website has a link to a labview llb which you can use to send command to and receive information from the basic stamp.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,934 Views)
Not familiar with the DAQ 700, but could you fire a digital output on it that acts as an input to the microcontroller to serve as a synchronization notifier? Or the other way around (micro output fires to an input on the DAQ to start a triggered analog acquisition).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,917 Views)
It's sleezy but another option is to power your basic stamp from one of the DAQ reference voltage outputs (or even DAC outputs) assuming that it's low enough power. Or you can use a ditital line in the DAQ (or serial port) to close a relay and power up your stamp.

Sheldon
Technical geek, engineer, research scientist, biodegradable...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,898 Views)