Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENG measurement and recording - 10 Channels, recording nerve signals velocity using 10 channels and saving to disk(ASCII)

Hello!
I have recently using LabView and am having lots of problem setting up a basic circuit (VI as is apparently called). Basically, i need to record the velocity of nerve signals over 10 channels and then save the data to disk(ASCII). How do we even create those channels? Do they have some sort of icons that we can add?? If i am posting in the wrong forum, can someone please advise me??? Thanks a lot.
Relevant details - Using: LavView 7.1; DAQCard-6062E for PCMCIA; NI-DAQ Software; SHC68-68-EP Shielded Cable; CB-68LPR I/O connector block with right angled connector.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,241 Views)

Hi,

You didn't give any parameters about your signals type and how you want to collect them (freq., no of points, Is the whole data will be saved to disk, etc.)

basically you need the example called "Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Analog Start.vi". you should remove the Trigger VI and Insert the " Write Waveform to File.vi" to save the acquired signals.

try this VI for One sample and then develop it to acquire your 10 signals.

If you will give more details Ii will try to write a little code for you.

Regards,

The Bush-Man

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,235 Views)

Hello The Bush-Man,

Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding my specific problem! With regards to the parameters, i believe the basic aspects that would be important to record about the electroneurogram (ENG) would be Sample range, Size, frequency, Resolution, Amplitude, Duration...  And yes, the whole data will be saved to disk. We have 60GB of disk space available for this only.

Could you please send me the example you referred to previously and the little code you talked about? This would then be an ideal start for me to further learn how to develop the code. I would be extremely grateful.

Kindest Regards,

Vipin.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,224 Views)

Hello?

Could you please help? Will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Vipin S.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,188 Views)

Hello Vipin,

Seems to me as if you're starting with a hardware-software setup which is almost the same from which I started some years ago using NI-stuff. As I had to go through some basic steps you've got to learn right now I think you can make use of my experience.

I think I can provide you some basic program, but I want you to email me to my personal adress:

bubby@iname.com

From there I'll get in contact with you

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,184 Views)
Hi Vipin S You can try this program. Just input your channel config. Let me know if this is any help. Seamus
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,167 Views)