LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viInstallHandler error

viInstallHandler returns a general protection run-time error: Unknown source position, thread id 0x00....
Working with a USB RAW device in LabWindows/CVI 7, VISA 3.1
Any idea?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,082 Views)
Is it the call to viInstallHandler itself that causes the error, or is it sometime shortly after the call that VISA crashes? You can use NI Spy to determine this - if viInstallHandler shows a return value, then it wasn't that function call per se.

We've just recently discovered a bug in the event callback part of the USB Passport - this very well may be the same issue. If so, we'll see about making a patch available.

Dan Mondrik
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,082 Views)
Indeed it's not an error caused by viInstallHandler itself, its return value is 0.
This error takes place in the event callback,
which no longer is executed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,082 Views)
I need to have shortly finished the application, by this I would be very thankful if you informed me as soon as exists a patch for this bug. At the moment I'll use a timer to read the interrupt endpoint, which is not much practical.
Thank you Dan.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,082 Views)
I would like to discuss creating a patch for NI-VISA with you a little bit more. Could you go to http://ni.com/ask, choose the "E-Mail NI" option, and email in your request? Either myself, or a member of our e-mail support team will contact you to discuss this option further. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Kris Klemett
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,082 Views)