From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using vmipci 5588 hangs my computer

I have installed a VMIPCI 5588 reflective memory card into a PCI slot in my industrial computer, and I have installed the driver for it. I then went on to write a simple programme in LabWindows/CVI 9.0 with VMIC's driver functions (I have already included the required dll and header files for the reflective memory card). THe program compiled with no errors and I am able to successfully read back the Board Id of the VMIPCI card in my CVI software. However, shortly after reading the Board Id, my computer hangs, and I have no idea why. Anyone has any idea why this might be the case?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,485 Views)

Hello lym,

Is it possible that you didn't close the reference to the board properly? Have you checked whether there is any memory leaks during and after the execution of the program?

James

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,469 Views)

Hi James, thanks for your advice.

I have already included the function to close the device (i.e. rfmClose(rh)). In the simple programme that I have created, I have used only 3 functions: rfmOpen(), rfmGetBoardId() and rfmClose(). Hence, I would not think that there would be any memory leak (do correct me if I'm wrong).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,450 Views)

Hello Lym,

Would it be possible that you pasted the code to the forum?

Have you checked with the manufacturer of the device to find out more about the cause of the hang? May be they have additional insight regarding the driver that you are using?

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,436 Views)

Lym,

Did you ever fix the problem with the VMIPCI-5588?  I have a similar problem in my Windows 7 computer and I receive the following message. "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"  Any suggestion on how I can fix this error message?

Thanks,

Fernando

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,801 Views)