LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[urgent] CVI SQL toolkit Distribution Problem

Hello:

I'm still have distribution problem.
I've written a program that connects to an Microsoft dBase Driver(*.dbf), dBase5.0.

The destination PC's O/S is two types, the one is win98, the other is Win2K.

Win98: Installing CVI SQL Toolkit 2.0.6, No Problem.
Win2K: After installing CVI SQL Toolkit 2.0.6, still problem to access database. And the included sample program Table Browser is still not working well.
But next installing Measurement Studio 6.0, Bingo!!!

What's the problem? how can I fix that problem.
Pleeease help me. it's urgent.
Thank You.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,343 Views)
You don't say what kind of problems you are having accessing the database in windows 2000.

There is a known problem on some versions of Windows 2000. The ODBC drivers on some early versions of Win 2k are read only. Installing the most recent Win 2k service pack or installing the lastest version of Windows Explorer usually installs read/write ODBC drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,343 Views)
1- Be sure that ODBC is well configured
2- add to your distribution kit the following files:
cviauto.dll
cvidb32.dll
ivcd.lic
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,343 Views)

(OS Ref: MS Windows XP)

The installation of LabWindows/CVI software programs that use SQL functions to communicate with databases via the intranet has always been "iffy". That's because the cvidb32.dll (and cviauto.dll) file must be included in the installation and copied to the Windows/system32 directory. And the MS ODBC ADMIN must have the database name added to the SYSTEM DSN file list (odbcad32.exe or Start/Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Data Sources (ODBC))

In my experience, the target PC usually does not have my login permission set for writing files to the Windows/system32 directory. The NI installer will NOT error or display a message when the file is not copied to the target PC. This results in a failure to connect to the database when running the application even when the MS ODBC ADMIN/SYSTEM DSN list shows a successful connection.

The fix is to manually copy the files over to Windows.system32 directory and get the IS rep to add your name permanently to the admin group.

- Bill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,071 Views)