LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unrecoverable error

When starting Labwindows/CVI 4.0.1 the logo screen comes up, and then another popup appears which says:

Unrecoverable Error at 015F:103366D9.
LabWindows/CVI will be aborted.

This problem sounds similar to one described in the KnowledgeBase Document 0KH8619A, however that solution did not work. I have tried reinstalling LabWindows as well as Ni-DAQ, Ni-Scope, Ni-Visa, and the CVI runtime engine. and None of these have made a difference."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,486 Views)
Might be an installation issue. You did not mention the OS you were using CVI 4.0 with or whether the install used to work previously.

You mentioned a re-install. This is probably not happening because of the install of NI-DAQ or any other driver. I would suggest removing CVI from your system, deleting its folder from your system, and then trying to re-install again. This is to ensure that a new copy of files are copied to your system. If you are planning to remove everything from your system, make sure that CVI is working before you install any of the driver, just to be sure that its nothing the driver installer is corrupting.

Just a note, CVI 4.0 was only tested with NT and Window 95/98, it has not been tested with Windows 2k or XP. So if you are using CVI
4.0 on 2k or XP and if you intend to continue developing on some of the newer OS's, I would recommend upgrading to CVI 6.0, which is the lastest and greatest. Plus, if you do run into future issues with CVI 4.0, we wont be able to help you out too much since we stopped supporting anything below CVI 5.0.
Here is the link to our software support policy.

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,486 Views)