LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknownDeviceError

I have a program that is running on multiple stations with the same hardware and software.  One of the computers started having a DAQ error that reads:

unknownDeviceError: The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device(for example, the driver was released before the device was supported), or the device has not been configured using the Measurement & Automation Explorer.

I've tracked the problem to this function:

int TurnOnOff (short state){
DAQErr(WriteToDigitalLine (1, PORT, BIT, 8, 0, state),"TurnONOff");
return 0;
}

We have tested the hardware, and wiring with another station, and all of the hardware works perfectly fine.  We reinstalled all of our national instruments software on the computer, and now when we open NI MAX and go to initialize the drivers we get a "Helpasst.dll not found.  You may need to reinstall your software." error.

We are using NI MAX 5.3.0f0 with labwindows 2012 on a Windows 7 computer.  The driver is a 6025E Multifunction I/O communicating through a pxi-8360 MXE Express.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem, or why the computer might have just stopped working one morning while the others are still fully functional?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,494 Views)

The missing dll message you received sounds like your driver is corrupted.  What is the driver you are using?

Michael L.
Sales Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,456 Views)

Thanks for the reply Michael, but I think its fixed now.

I have uninstalled all NI software again and reinstalled in this order:

Tradiational DAQ 7.5.0 (Legacy)

NI-Motion 8.4

Labwindows 2012

Now everything seems to be working as before.  I'm assuming that the computer crashed or shut down during a power outage and corrupted some files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,446 Views)

Glad to hear you got it working.  Good job with the troubleshooting!

Michael L.
Sales Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,433 Views)