From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undefined symbol

Iam getting the following errors when i try to compile my application. while i have include files

#include "dModt.h"
#include "dModt_Demodulation.h"

but i get this errors.

error: Undefined symbol '_ModtGetRecoveredBitStream@12' referenced in "c:\Proj\cvibuild.SIGNAL\Debug\Capture.obj".  
  error: Undefined symbol '_ModtMSKDemodulate@72' referenced in "c:\Proj\cvibuild.SIGNAL\Debug\Capture.obj".  

what could be the reason?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,928 Views)

It appears as if you are not included the appropriate .lib or .obj file to your project and the linker is not able to find those functions in the project.

The files you specified should be part of modulation toolkit which I'm not familiar with: does it come with an instrument driver (some .fp file)? Have you added it to your project?

Do the toolkit come with some example that you can compile and run? If so you could see in that project which library to add to yours.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,923 Views)

I tried all examples but they also do return similar errors related to demodulation i.e functions of demodulation are not seen. Am not seeing any .fp for the modulation toolkit!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,916 Views)

Ok, as I told you I'm not using the toolkit so I may be missing some detail.

I have found this example that uses the toolkit and it includes Modt.lfp, Modt.lib and dModt.lib: did you have them in your system?

Let's see if somebody that is using the toolkit can add some help.

(4,902 Views)

I have downloaded your example and checked on the library files but i found they are referring to CVI71 and am using CVI2013. when i check in its bin folder for related files i dont find any.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,891 Views)

Have you searched the entire disk for those libraries?

Out of that I don't know how to help you any more...

(4,887 Views)

Thanks after thorough searching i came about the files apart from one modt.lfp. And the errors disappeared.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,883 Views)