From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

type_def enum build error in CVI 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm encoutering a problem that appears to be specific to the LabWindows/CVI version number. I've attached the code and the problem I'm encountering is that I get Build failures for using a type_def enum type that is already declared in a header and included at the top of the program. The specific error that I'm encountering is "unknown type name "int_err." 

My version of CVI is 2013 Service Pack 1 (13.0.1 (201)). A coworker is able to successfully build this project on version 12.0.1(127), so obviously something must have changed. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,487 Views)

Your project seems to miss error.h... Is the the place where you define int_err?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,473 Views)

Oops. Apparently it didn't attach. Here it is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,459 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author asapienza

With the file provided your project compiles and links fine without any warning or errors (I am also using CVI13.01)

However I noticed that in your project the path to error.h is different, so maybe - by accident - you included a wrong error.h file... could it be?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,453 Views)

Yes that appears to be the problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,433 Views)