LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system tray icon

Hi, I put the .ico file, that I specified in the function InstallSysTrayIcon, in the project folder and I added it to the project. If I create a distribution kit, after installing the software in another machine, the icon doesn't work. In the systray there is only a trasparent icon. Why doesn't LabWindows copy the .ico file in the program directory, during installation ?
Thank you !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,854 Views)
CVI doesn't assume you want every file in the project directory in the distribution. It defaultly builds a distribution for the files that it knows you need (EXE, CVI Run-time, UIR files). Support files such as ICONS, help files, INI files, etc. that are needed by your project, you need to put in the distribution kit yourself. You would do this in the Create Distribution Kit dialog. You would add the ICON file to the default group of files for your project since you want it in the application directory. If you wanted to include support files and put them in other directories or subdirectories, you could create new file groups.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,854 Views)