From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superfluous confirm popup in UI editor?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI,

I have a XY graph with several annotations.

If I open the uir file and double click on the graph (-> Edit Graph popup), click on the 'Annotations' button (-> Edit Annotations popup) and change Current Annotation say from 24 to 23 (to see its properties).

Then I want to close everything (not changing anything): I click on the X button in the panel title of the 'Edit Annotations popup: a confirm popup shows up asking if I am sure to discard the changes. This popup is ok for the current annotation has changed. So I click Yes.

By this all changes should have discarded, right?

But now, if I click the X button in the panel of the Edit Graph popup the same confirm popup shows up again... In my opinion this should not happen 😉

(I know that I can leave the two popups faster by hitting ESC twice)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

Yes, this is a bug, and it's been around since the beginning of CVI from what I can tell.

It's actually two bugs: 1) you shouldn't see the prompt in the annotations dialog in the first place, if all that you change in that dialog is the current annotation (and the analogous control, in the graph's cursors dialog, or the strip chart's traces dialog), since changing the current annotation/cursor/trace does not change the state of the graph or chart. And 2), as you pointed out, you shouldn't see the prompt again when you exit the main dialog if you discarded your changes in the sub-dialog.

Bug 477231.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,175 Views)

Thanks Luis Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,171 Views)