LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step by step run motor

Hi everybody,

I work on system to run the motor of Mode-Shuffling echo chambers. I want to automatize this system. So I want to know if somebody can help me to understand how the motor system work. I don't understand this commands:

GetCtrlVal

CommandLL

CommandSK

ComWrt

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Anaël.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,410 Views)

While GetCtrlVal and ComWrt are standard CVI commands (the former reads a value from a control on a panel, the second writes something to the serial port), CommandLL and CommandSK are not. Apparently there is some driver installed for your device that declares those command: you need to find the documentation for that driver to understand how these command work. You can eventually get in touch with the producer of the motor for documentation and guidance.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Unless you are in the same groupt that's posting this question, in which case CommandLL and CommandSK are simply variables where to store the result of some command issued on the serial portò But if this is true, you should try keeping your questions in the same place so that a coherent discussion can derive.

(3,400 Views)

Zinouba works with me on the project that's why we have the same questions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,396 Views)

Ok this is clear now.

It seem to me that you have two major problems.

First of all, if you need clarifications on GetCtrlVal you should go through the Getting Started manual and perform the exercises you can find there: you'll have a panoramic view of CVI environment and paradigms and you'll learn fundamentals you will be using throughout your whole coding life with CVI.

As per the motor, you must search in the documentation for the driver what command to use to move it and issue it through the serial port. There isn't a rule: every producer uses its own protocol do communicate with its devices.

(3,389 Views)

Thank you I will find all documents to learn how I can use this instructions.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,386 Views)