LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some questions about inherent attributes

1: questions about  inherent attribute  in IVI3-2 Specification.

1.1:  PREFIX_ATTR_DRIVER_SETUP
according previous specification about PREFIX_ATTR_DRIVER_SETUP, it referred to IVI configuration.
my driver is a IVI-C custom driver . i just want to control a remote instrument by LAN. I went throuth the IVI-3.5 Specification , but i did not find what i should implement .Must i implement this attribute ? i use microsoft C++ to development my custom driver.if i must implement it , how to implement it ?

1.2 PREFIX_ATTR_RANGE_CHECK
If True, the IVI specific driver validates attribute values and function parameters. If False, the IVI specific driver does not validate attribute values and function parameters.

user has called a function to set some instrument parameterss and instrument has been seted successfully.
why IVI Foundation specify the attribute  ?
what is 'validate '?
how to validate attributes in my IVI-C custom driver ?

2: questions about  inherent function in IVI3-2 Specification.
2.1 Prefix_init (ViRsrc ResourceName,ViBoolean IdQuery,ViBoolean Reset,ViSession *Vi);

I simply want to control a remote instrument by LAN.
In this case, if user call the functioin , can I consider the parameter Vi as a memory bolck pointer to my data in custom driver.
and subsequently user call C API fnuction with the pointer . i should use the pointer to access my driver data?

2.2 ViStatus _VI_FUNC Prefix_GetAttributeViSession (ViSession Vi, ViConstString RepCapIdentifier, ViAttr AttributeID, ViSession * AttributeValue);
there are threee channels in the remote instrument .
if user calls the funciton , based on the parameter RepCapIdentifier, can i just pass the pointer to IVI-C custome driver data out ?
Is my opinon  right ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,824 Views)