From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scripting addon - new shortcuts

Solved!
Go to solution

If anyone is interested, I have created a macro script to give me some extended functionality with the LabWindows IDE.  It's written in AutoHotkey, compiles to a single EXE, weighing <1MB.  PM me if you would like a copy, along with the source.

The two shortcuts perfom the following functions:

1) Delete an entire line (CTRL + D)

2) Toggle the selection mode "button" (CTRL + ALT + S)

Message 1 of 6
(3,893 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing! users like yourself make the forums awesome!

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,869 Views)

Thanks, AleAlejandro.  Glad to contribute.  I have received much from these fora, so it's the least I can do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ElectroLund

Hello ElectroLund, can you please explain in what your Ctrl+D differs from Cut Line to Clipboard and Ctrl+Alt+S from Change Text Selection Mode options already present within the miscellaneous shortcut keys?

(I have set the first to Ctrl+Y but I seem to remember its default is different; the second is associated to Ctrl + Ins keys).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Oh wow, I didn't realize those shortcuts already existed!  Oh well, coding practice. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,853 Views)

Don't worry! There are so many shortcuts that I am sure I am using no more than 30% of them.... and I don't even know what some of the other mean! Smiley Wink

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,841 Views)