LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfsa error

what are you using to view the binary data?

Robert B
RF Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 56
(523 Views)

Hi Robert,

Am using an online website that do Binary to ASCII converter.

Am also wondering about this function

int ModtBCHDecoder ( ModtHandle handle, const unsigned char inputBitStream[], int numInputBitStreamElements, const char codingParametersNKT[], int reset, int outputBitStreamArraySize, unsigned char outputBitStream[], int *actualNumOutputBitStreamElements);

do i need to use it to decode my bitstream?

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 56
(516 Views)

Hi Robert,

Instead of ModtBCHDecoder i think below question do applies.

since GSM bursts are convolution encoded, does function "ModtViterbiDecoderHardDecision_Rate" or "ModtViterbiDecoderSoftDecision_Rate" be used to decode back to its normal by removing the redudant bits?

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 56
(512 Views)

Moses,

I think we need to start by making sure we can actually acquire the GSM waveform you are expecting in the RFSA soft front panels or GSM Interactive Example program. The repeated values could be noise floor or something else.

Is it possible to connect your GSM Transmitter directly to the 5663? Also, are you using any amplification? Simply using an Antenna may not be enough. Amplification is often necessary to bring the signal above the noise floor. Getting an entire idea of what your setup is will help. Thanks.

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 56
(497 Views)

HI Robert,

First i dont know why my GSM toolkit does not have this GSM interactive example and GSM examples.vi?Wish you can send them to me cause only examples i have are niGSMMeasureModAcc,niGSMMeasureORFS,niGSMMeasurePvT,niGSMMeasureTxP for CVI.

what do you mean i connect my GSM Transmitter directly to 5663 while am actually trying to passively receive this signals?

Thirdly, must i add an amplifier while i have the necessary GSM antenna with right dbi? when i disconnect my antenna and run the app, no values are returned hence it does not run without an antenna.

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 56
(481 Views)

Moses,

With the Antenna attached, do you see the GSM signal in the RFSA soft front panel? As I mentioned before, the images you sent before look like the noise floor. You might try increasing your reference level to make sure that you are only capturing GSM signals and not the noise floor.

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 56
(473 Views)