LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfsa error

Hi Robert,

I did the gausssian filter,i fetched the signal as "F64", i resampled the waveform,MSK demodulated but when i try to get "ModtGetRecoveredBitStream" i get an error as outlined in this link

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/msk-demodulation/td-p/2897406

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 56
(2,074 Views)

Moses,

A while back you mentioned that when you run the ModAcc example that you started with, you get the data that you expect. Is that still the case? Would you mind posting some images of the GSM signal you are acquiring and trying to demodulate?

Robert B
RF Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 56
(2,063 Views)

Hi Robert,

Attached is an image of the signal output am acquiring.

Thanks,

Moses.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 56
(2,052 Views)

Moses,

Can you send an image of the spectrum you get with the RFSA soft front panel?

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 56
(2,041 Views)

Hi Robert,

Find attached the images.

Thanks

Moses

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 56
(2,032 Views)

Moses,

Based on those images, this looks like the noise floor. Were you trying to acquire the GSM signal when these pictures were taken? What frequency is your GSM signal being generated at? Also are you using an Antenna to acquire it or are you cabling between the generator and the 5663E?

Would you mind trying to run the LabVIEW version of the niGSM Measure ModAcc Example.vi? You won't need to perform any coding on the block diagram. I just want to see if we get any different behavior. You can find the example in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\examples\RF Toolkits\GSM-EDGE\Analysis\GSM\niGSM Measure ModAcc Example.vi

All you'll need to do is change the RFSA Device control to match your device name and any of the other RF parameters to match your expected GSM Signal. Let me know if you get the data you expect.

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 56
(2,012 Views)

Hi Robert,

My GSM-EDGE analysis toolkit has no labview examples very strange, it only has examples for CVI but labview manuals are there.

Soft panel images attached are for GSM generated frequencies(start->890MHZ & Stop-> 915MHZ). My equipment has an antennae attached but i dont know how i can have acquired signals reflect on the soft panel, is there a way?

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 56
(1,993 Views)

Hi Robert,

Eventually am getting some results after demodulation and my function "checkWarn (ModtGetRecoveredBitStream ( mtSession, GetArray_Size (hMskDemodulatedData),  GetArray_pData (hMskDemodulatedData))); "

if i  do "printf("%u\n",  (unsigned)GetArray_pData (hMskDemodulatedData));  "

i get the following results, a repetetive value ->39409520. My hope is as per the manual for the above function is to get a bit stream of 1's & 0's. Please advice if am on the right track and how to attain this final result so that i can tell what the bits contains.

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 56
(1,986 Views)

Moses,

The RFSA soft front panels will use the one channel on the 5663E to acquire on. Have you tried using the Analysis Interactive Example instead of the RFSA soft front panels? You can find it at Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>> NI GSM-EDGE+ Analysis Toolkit>>Analysis Interactive Example for GSM-EDGE+.

In terms of returning 1's and 0's, the printf is only going to allow you to format values into integers. You'll need to convert the integer values to binary or use a different function to display the data. Here is a stackoverflow that suggests one way you might be able to convert it to binary.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/111928/is-there-a-printf-converter-to-print-in-binary-format

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 56
(1,979 Views)

Hi Robert,

What other function can i use?

I tried to convert to binary using the examples you referred me but what i was getting is an alphabet A' (A with a mark like an apostrophe) instead of text content.

When my output is a repetetive value like

is this data valid as per the content i wish to get after conversion?

Thanks,

Moses

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 56
(1,969 Views)