cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing plot legend from a graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi - another question from a beginner:

Following the tutorial, I created a graph. The graph has a small box to its right where a legend for the various plots go. (I'd post a pic, but it looks like I'm not yet permitted to do that.)

The purpose of the graph is to plot several thousand points on a cartesian plane. I got this working (sort of) with the function PlotPoint(). When I run the program, though, the sheer number of points quickly overwhelms the capacity of this legend (and stalled the program to boot).

So: can I get rid of this legend somehow? On a side note, am I being inefficient with this approach? Would it be better to gather the points in to an array and use PlotXY instead?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mzimmers

Hi,

concerning the legend, open the respective popup panel by pressing the Legend button on the Edit Graph control panel:

legend.png

On top of this panel you will see a check box Show Legend:

legend2.png

This check box should do the job...Smiley Wink

Concerning the choice of plotting functions: I wouldn't plot 1000 individual data points, but rather use PlotXY. Alternatively you can consider using a strip chart instead of  a graph, which allows you to add one data point after the other

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,913 Views)

Oh man, how did I miss that one...thanks, Wolfgang.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,896 Views)