LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with the height of rows in a table

I do not manage to regulate the height of the lines of a table. My table is defined in the UIR as COLUMN because only my columns have titles and I defined the types of the data that I return in my columns. I also use a data base. The operation of my insertion in the table is simple. I search in my data base the data I want to put in my table and as soon as I find one of them I insert it.But some of these data take several lines. The height of my lines is the height by defect (i.e. 25) and I would like to change it. And as my table is defined as COLUMN, it does not take into account the change of height that do(via SetTableRowAttribute) because I suppose that my table should be defined as ROW. I also tried to define my table as G
RID and via SetCtrlAttribute to put my table as COLUMN or ROW when I needed it but it does not take any more the data I want to insert in the table (as if he did not take into account the fact that it is as COLUMN at this moment). How can I regulate the height of the lines without preventing the insertion of my values? I thank you by advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,706 Views)
I'm not sure I completely understand your situation, but I just want to make a couple of points:

1. The ATTR_TABLE_MODE attribute of a table (Column, Row, or Grid) has no effect on the height of the rows. This attribute only affects the initial state of each cell when you create new rows or new columns.

2. The height of each row is governed by the ATTR_SIZE_MODE and ATTR_ROW_HEIGHT attributes of the row. By default, ATTR_SIZE_MODE is set to VAL_SIZE_TO_CELL_IMAGE_AND_FONT which means that the height is calculated by default, and that whatever value you set to ATTR_ROW_HEIGHT to is ignored. If you want to change the height of one or more rows, just set each row's ATTR_SIZE_MODE attribute to VAL_USE_EXPLICIT_SIZE and then set each row's ATTR_ROW_HEIGHT attribut
e to whatever height you would like.
Since you are inserting rows dynamically, you will have to set these attributes immediately after you insert each row, using SetTableRowAttribute.

Let me know if this is not making sense.

Luis
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,706 Views)