From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing with LabWindows

I have written a program that displays a textbox, graph, and a table of data. I want to print each item on a separate page. I am able to do that, but the table has 74 rows and only the first 23 are printed. Is there anyway to print a fourth and fifth page to grab the rest of the table? Also, I cannot get the page numbers or date to print on each page. It seems like this would be easier to do with some sort of report generation. I looked at the example in the help menu, but it looks more complicated than what I need. Ideally I would like to print the data to a word document and print that file. But, I also do not want the user to be able to edit the file. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,522 Views)
Yes, you should definately be using a report generation tool. You didn't say what version of CVI you are using, but you will probably have the NI Report Generation tool available (CVI 6.0 or higher). You can find it under cvi\toolslib\reportgen\nireport.fp. There is an example program that will show you how to use it under cvi\samples\reportgen. The lastest version of CVI has added the ability to convert a CVI table into a table in a report with one function call. Very useful.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,522 Views)