From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no IVI driver sessions display in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

according to the tutorial document"Getting Started Using National Instruments IVI with LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI", I install the sofware IVI Compliance Package2.1 and NI VISA5.0 and hp34401a ivi driver,but I can not find the any driver sessions in MAX4.7, it should display "hp34401a" item according to the tutorial document.could you help me?Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,783 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tanggio

Hi,

IVI Compliance Package2.1is an old version of ICP.  Please try installing the latest version of ICP from drivers and updates and let us know if you are still having issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,773 Views)

Hi! maybe you  can help me. I have the same issue.

I need to write a LabWindows application using NI IVI drivers, but  I have no luck since  when I open NI MAX  NO DRIVERS are available.

That is: I open MAX to create a New Logical Name, but once I’ve created the Logical Name, no Drivers are available and the “Go To” buttom remains disaibled.

I’ve run a quite new software installation on a clean machine (PC, x86,32 Bits, WIN7) following these steps:

1. I’ve installed NIDAQmx 9.7.5 with its updates. Reboot PC.
  2. I’ve downloaded and installed the NI IVI Compliance Package 4.6 - Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003 R2 32-bit Reboot PC
  3. I’ve installed LabWindows CVI 2013… when installation proccess was almost done, I was asked to installed NI Device Drivers, as I hadn’t them available I chose to install them later. Reboot PC.
  4. I’ve installed Labwindows CVI 2013 available updates . Reboot PC
  5. Finally , i’ve installed NI Device Drivers. Reboot PC.

Am I missing something? What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your atention.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,533 Views)

ICP installs IVI Class drivers, but if you are refering to IVI-C specific drivers these drivers have to be downloaded separately.  Once you install the specific drivers you will see them in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,499 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Where do I find the IVI-C drivers to install? I've tried the NI website, IVI Foundation (Class drivers just links me back to ni.com and the page that says to download the NI IVI Compliance Package).

Under IVI Drivers in the menu bar in MAX, I can see Simulation Driver Software Modules and Simulation Driver Sessions. But, the folders containing Instrument Driver Software Modules and Driver Sessions are empty. I've installed IVI drivers, NI-VISA, and Agilent VISA on my computer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,308 Views)
You get IVI-C drivers from the instrument Driver Network - http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/

Search for drivers from the vendor as well.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,296 Views)

I have specific hardware drivers installed on my computer (e.g. for Agilent equipment). I was able to install and access them through LabVIEW when laying out my schematic. But, I don't see them in the MAX. They are located in folders in my C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\instr.lib directory. The drivers themselves are composed of .lvproj and .lvlib files. The instr.lib directory also contains a lot of "_Template - XYZ" folders (where XYZ are componets like DC Power or DMM).

Aren't these the files that are supposed to be automatically detected by the MAX as drivers?

I've also tried installing IVI-C drivers directly liike the NISCOPE but installation of it resulted in an incompatibility error.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,286 Views)

Nevermind. I fixed the problem-- I had to install parts 1 AND 2 of the NI drivers.

Thanks for the help, though.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,279 Views)