From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no CVI support for PCI6013 Board ?

I just tried to add a PCI6013 Board to my existing DAQ
application (written in CVI), but the help for: 'Init_DA_Brds(Board, &BoardType)'
doesn't show this board in the list.
this is CVI 5.5p1/NiDaq 6.9.3.
same happens with CVI 7.0/NiDaq 7.0.
--
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,916 Views)
NI-DAQ has been completely rewritten from the ground up in 7.0 (now called DAQmx) and has been dramatically improved in many, many ways. All new boards from now on will only be supported in the new API. The old DAQ API (6.9.3 and previous) will continue to be available, but will not be updated for new hardware. Init_DA_Brds is part of the old DAQ API. The equivalent function in DAQmx is DAQmxResetDevice. You no longer need to know the type of board, just the Device name from the DAQmx configuration in MAX. For more information on our new DAQ driver technology DAQmx, you can go here or consult the DAQmx C Reference and examples for CVI.

Best Regard
s,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,916 Views)
ok, thanks alot for the pointer.
however, I'm not sure if this is correct -
after having installed all the nidaq-7/cvi 7 stuff,
I realized that the 6013 card is still listed as
'traditional device' in MAX and hence not found by
the DAQmx functions.
but,
'Init_DA_Brds(B, BoardType);'
returns 366 for BoardType, which seems to work, but
this value is not listed in the function help.
(cards listed there end with PCI 6608, code 327).
is this a bug ?
greetings
Werner Joss
--
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,916 Views)
I wasn't saying that the old API with not work with the 6013, I was just saying that it has not been updated for it. Therefore, your Init_DA_Brds function will not return a known value from the enumeration.

There is a web page that tells you what version of DAQ you can use with each board (http://www.ni.com/support/daq/versions.htm). The 6013 is supported by the new DAQmx driver and it should show up in the Measurement and Automation Explorer under DAQmx Devices. It will also show up under traditional devices since it is a E-series MIO board and will work with traditional DAQ. Functions like Init_DA_Brds though have not been updated for these boards since they came out after DAQmx.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)