From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nisyscfg

using this api with a 1075 rack and 8370 (i think) ni computer (x64). The app is a win32 c++. nisyscg is a wow32 library. When I set the force property refresh variable to true via the nisyscfg init call it crashes my pxi system. I am using NI max 5.5 with nisyscfg 5.5. If I leave this value false I cna run the ap for hours but the data acquired is stale because it is cached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,885 Views)

Hi JimHTeradyne,

Are you using a Real Time Embedded Controller? The 8370 is a MXI controller and would not be considered as the NI computer as you mentioned. Could you please verify the model number of our controller?

It seems like if the "force property refresh" is true, the API contacts the target and re-populates all the properties. If the target is not online, then the properties would not correctly refresh and unexpected behavior could occur. If you are using Real Time, can you verify that your target is online through this entire process?

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,847 Views)