LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net controller does not create all functions

I have a .Net assembly, which I have attached that when I run the Create .NET Controller all I get is two functions.  They are the Initialize and Close.  I don't get any of the other public functions in the .fp file.

Using a .Net Viewer like .Net Reflector I can see all the public functions that are suppose to be in the dll.  The .dll is a 64-bit assembly and I am running LabWindows 2013 SP2.  I am trying to develop a 64-bit application and need this dll to talk to the instrument.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,769 Views)

Hi Paul,

This KnowledgeBase Article references the problem you are having. Basically, for unsupported types or for private/protected entities, the functions will not be generated in the instrument.

I hope that helps to get you started.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,743 Views)

Steven,

So basically nothing can be done.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,725 Views)

Paul,

Looking at the attached DLL, it appears that all the classes are in the default namespace. If they can be added to a new or different namespace, you should be able to create a .NET Controller in LabWindows™/CVI™. Beyond that, there is nothing I'm aware of that can be done.

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,681 Views)

Steven,

I have talked to the vendor, they are unwilling to recompile the dll since it works for everybody else and not LabWindows.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,674 Views)

I've been asking around on how to approach this. It would theoretically be possible to write a .NET wrapper which exposes your needed functions in a named namespace. You could then create a .NET Controller for that wrapper.

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,647 Views)

Yes I can see how someone could do that using C#.  I will give it a shot.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,620 Views)