LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msvcr100.dll is missing

I am getting an error while running my CVI program : the program can't start because msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Please help me out

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,960 Views)

Hello phanisri1987,

Could you elaborate? What kind of CVI program are you trying to run? Are you running a program installed from a distribution that you or someone else created? Are you running the program in debug mode, from CVI?

Best regards,

Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,955 Views)

What kind of CVI program are you trying to run?

I have a project which I added few lib files in to it. When I tried to run after adding them, I am getting the above mentioned error. 

Are you running a program installed from a distribution that you or someone else created?

No.

Are you running the program in debug mode, from CVI?

Yes

But I am able to see the particular msvcr100.dll in the "C:\Windows\System32" Directory. I have attached the error screenshots also.

Regards

phani

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,945 Views)

Hi phani,

Could you please send us a list of libs you added? What configuration are you using?

If you find it easier, you could attach the project (or a stripped version of your project, that exhibits this behavior).

Thanks!

Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,939 Views)

msvcr100.dll is part of Microsoft's redistributable run-time engine.  If you are using any functions, or have included any .libs/.h for functionality that is not incuded in CVI, rather are sourced from Microsoft, then you have a dependancy for this redistributable run-time.  You can download the 32 bit version here or the 64 bit here.  It will say Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package, but it also works with ANSI C.

Note:  Sometimes you can just look in the SDK included in the CVI dev environmnet for full-dev kits, and include windows.h and it will solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,925 Views)

Try putting it into your project directory.  If that works, then it should also work from your windows\system directory.    You may also be able to use the information here...  It explains how to create CVI compatible .libs from existing .h and .dll from third party (i.e. Microsoft)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,923 Views)