LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing "mesa.dll" on CVI 2015 project install

I built my project with the new 2015 CVI.  I pushed this out to my customer and had them install it.  All did not go well.

They reported back to me that the they are seeing the mesa.dll error and the app doesn't open:

2015-11-20 14_06_32-Inbox - rob.lund@thermofisher.com - Microsoft Outlook.png

I've seen this talked about a lot here, but so far having the customer manually install the freshest copy of MS Visual C++ Redistributable hasn't worked either.

I've had them uninstall and reinstall.  Customer's machine is Windows 7, 64 bit CPU, 4GB RAM.  My distribution setup is all configured for 32-bit.

Strangely, (of course) when I install this same package on a local computer, it all works without errors.

Any ideas I haven't thought of?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,528 Views)

What did you select in the Edit Installer dialogue?

mesa.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,516 Views)

Not sure if installing "the freshest copy of MS Visual C++ Redistributable" is enough.

I remember that with old release of CVI I had  to install the right version of MS Visual C++ Redistributable (the one that the specific version of CVI expects).

Not sure if this applies to CVI 2015 too

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,488 Views)

Hmm, this is strange.  It shows that I have all the runtime options installed.

2015-11-23 10_36_16-Edit Installer.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,480 Views)

Hi ElectroLund,

This KnowledgeBase article mentions where the mesa.dll should be located on disk. A next step to try would be to manually add the dll to these locations on the target machine.

Hope this helps!

Julia P.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,467 Views)

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

I got word back from the customer today.  They tried installing again to a new machine and the app works fine.  So I'm going to chaulk this one up to machine-specific issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,465 Views)